Terry’s Preemie Booties
Simply Soft yarn by Caron or a similar soft 4 ply yarn...
1. Chain 4, join to first chain (ch) with a slip st. Ch 2.
2. Put 11 half double crochet (hdc) into ch 4 ring, join to top of ch 2 with sl st, ch 2 12 st.
3. hdc in same st as ch 2, (* hdc, 2 hdc in next stitch*) repeat this around, join to top of ch 2 with sl st, ch 2. 18 st.
4-7. hdc in each st around, join to top of ch 2 with sl st, ch
This row will start to form the heel-
8. turn, hdc in the next 13 stitches, ch 2,
9-11. hdc in each of the 13 stitches, ch 2, turn, fasten off yarn, leaving a length long enough to sew up back seam. Turn the bootie wrong side out, and stitch up the back seam securely. Weave in yarn end.
12. Attach yarn to a stitch near the back seam, evenly hdc around the ankle opening. Decrease one stitch on each side with the side meets the front. Join with sl st , ch 2, turn. Make sure there are enough stitches around the top so that the bootie will slip on easily.
13. hdc in each stitch around, join with sl st to top of ch 2, ch 2
14. hdc in each stitch around, join with sl st to top of ch 2, ch 1
15. loosely single crochet in each stitch around, join to chain with sl st. Fasten yarn off. Weave in all yarn ends.
Embellish with a pom pom sewn to the back, or sew a small flower and bow to front, or leave plain.
To make these smaller, leave out 1 or 2 rounds in the front, or use an F hook with baby yarn.
This pattern was designed to be used for charitable purposes, and neither the pattern or booties are to be sold for profit.
If you make these, please make an extra pair and send them to “God’s Tiny Angels”. One pair will keep one precious tiny life warm!
© Copyright Deborah Kitts 2003
Please do not post these free patterns on your web site, they are copyright protected.